|7 Oct 2021||Welcome to Granada|
Today you should arrive in Málaga-Costa del Sol Airport (AGP) or Federico Garcia Lorca Granada Airport (GRX). Once you’ve reached the arrivals hall at the airport, look for "The World’s Fastest Marathon" sign and our representatives will show you to the bus.
There will be multiple arrival transfers from the airport in Malaga to Granada: 11:00, 15:00, 17:30 and 20:00. The transfer time is approximately 1.5 hours. If any of the above transfers do not fit your travel plans, we will kindly ask you to make your own transfer arrangements.
Upon checking into your hotel, you will be greeted by your tour leader. If your tour leader is not present in the reception, please check the hotel notice board for further information. Your goodie bag will be handed out by your guide upon arrival at your hotel in Granada.
The afternoon is free for you to enjoy some first impressions of Granada.
In the evening, we’ll gather to mingle with the other runners from around the world and share our positive vibes for all the excitement that lies ahead in the coming week. Join us in enjoying a special, laid-back welcome that begins with a walking tour through Granada’s historic city center. Your tour guide will lead the tour from your hotel, which will conclude with a taste of Spanish wine and nibble on tapas.
Meals: Light tapas
|8 Oct 2021||Explore Granada or Optional Excursion to Ahlambra|
Today, you can enjoy the day at your leisure. Alternatively, you have the possibility of joining an optional excursion to The Alhambra.
Please note: This excursion must be booked in advance and may not be reserved upon arrival. It is extremely difficult to secure tickets for The Alhambra during high-season, which runs from the beginning of April to mid-October. However, by adding The Alhambra excursion to your itinerary, we can guarantee your entry to this fascinating, historical gem. For further details, see “Package Add-ons.”
In the evening, we can load up on carbs at the pasta dinner, which will be held at a restaurant close to your hotel. Your tour leader will provide the full details.
Rest up tonight – tomorrow is the big day!
Meals: Breakfast and dinner
|9 Oct 2021||Race Day & Celebration Dinner|
Today is the big day – The World’s Fastest Marathon! Breakfast will be either provided in the form of a breakfast box or served at your hotel.
Buses depart for the start no later than 6:00am. The race starts at 8:00am. Refreshments and snacks will be provided for all runners at the finish line.
The finish line is located at Celador Del Paseo Del Salon, a beautiful park centrally located in Granada.
From here, it's only a short walk to your hotel.
For more information about the race, look here.
In the evening, we all gather for the big celebration dinner. All participants will be picked up at their hotels at 18:45 and taken to the party. The venue is a surprise, but with views of The Alhambra, an open bar, a menu of Spanish delicacies, and fantastic atmosphere, it's a party not to be missed!
Meals: Breakfast, post-race snacks and celebration dinner
|10 Oct 2021||Farewell Granada|
Depending on your departure time and whether or not your legs have the energy for more, you might have time to enjoy a bit more of Granada’s charm. Hotel check-out is before noon.
A departure transfer to Malaga or Granada is included with your reservation.
All prices are per person in euro.
Hotel Melia Granada
Shared double room: TBA
Single room supplement: TBA
Race entry includes:
The booking of a trip is binding for both customer and travel agency once the deposit (25% of the total trip price) has been paid at the time of booking on the booking.albatros-adventure.com website. The remaining amount, 75% of the total trip price, will be charged to the customer’s payment card as provided by the customer, 75 days before trip departure. Bookings made later than 75 days prior will require full payment immediately.
The email sent to the customer upon booking a trip acts as the booking confirmation. It is therefore of vital importance that the customer provides a valid email address.
For information on visas, currency, electricity, and more, please check our Destination Guide page.
For information on weather and clothing, please check the our Climate & Weather page.
If you're curious about the destinations that we'll be visiting or other background information on Spain, you can read all about it on our Travel Destination page.